Saturday, April 13, 2013

Innocence And Experience In Art

         
These sisters are twelve and seven years old respectively. Respectfully, "Hot damn." Their harmony hits the ear just right: 



Older, but maybe not wiser, and equally stunning. This is what infidelity looks like before the main character in Take This Waltz leaves her happy marriage and then regrets that decision:


In a drugged up haze of antihistamines, I've been watching a lot of movies lately. My favorite? A french film called Rust and Bone. It continually took me to the edge of my comfort zone and then offered redemption. Desire from a different angle:

   
It's the weekend and I'm counting days until Evan's brief return home on Monday. Snow melt is dripping off the eaves, wind is snatching at the screen door, my feet are cool inside wool socks, and Life After Life arrived yesterday via interlibrary loan. I'm on page eighteen. Arguably the best line so far? "Lottie was a reserved woman. Some might have said narcoleptic." Promising.
       

No comments:

Post a Comment